You are just going out to the mailbox on a nice day. You see that your water bill came. As you open it up, you see a number that could absolutely NOT be how much you owe!?!? What happened? There are quite a few tiny problems and bad habits that you could have that add up to a lot of water being used (and wasted!).
- Any tiny drip. Yes, so you have that faucet in the bathroom that drips, but how much water can it really be letting out? You would be surprised. A faucet that drips once a second will release over 5 GALLONS of water every DAY! If you are handy, change the faucet. If not, a plumber can help you with that.
- Toilet leaks can be silent. Make sure that you have your toilet checked yearly to make sure there are no leaks.
- Water is vital for your body, but you know what you do when filling the glass. You let it run a little bit so that it will get colder. Instead of doing that and wasting water, try filling up a pitcher and putting it in your refrigerator so that it will be cold and ready the instant you need it.
- When doing laundry, match the water level to the size of the load. Or get a washer with an automatic sensor that will only use the correct amount of water.
- Change your shower head. Some shower heads are made to be more water efficient. They are typically inexpensive and easy to install. The best part is they can save you up to 750 gallons of water a month!
- Set your water softener to have the minimum amount of refills. That will save you water, chemicals, and energy!
- Consider a tankless water heater. It will give you instant hot water when you want it so that you will save on energy and water waste!
Shakley Mechanical offers a full range of plumbing fixtures for kitchens, including standard and carrier-mounted fittings. For the more modern kitchen or bathroom, we provide sensor-operated faucets and valves suitable for home or business and made to be efficient. Our certified team of back-flow testers will ensure your device is appropriately fit and will hold tight under high water pressure.
Along with upgrading and installing your plumbing fixtures, Shakley Mechanical offers plumbing repair services and emergency response near Mansfield and Ashland, Ohio. Give us a call at 419-281-6909.